Okay everyone! The excerpts are up.
KUDOS AND A HUGE WAVE OF APPLAUSE TO OUR BRAVE ENTRANTS!
Here are some critiquing pointers for everyone:
1. Be kind. Language like "I hated this" and "This is an awful paragraph" are not helpful. In fact, they offer discouragement instead of help. And this is about helping each other.
2. Be honest. If something needs work, don't say, "This is awesome!" We will not grow as writers unless we can accept honest evaluations of our work.
3. Please do not sign in as "anonymous." Use a screen name that will help us identify you. Like, yanno, "Authoress." Except that's mine.
4. If you are an entrant, please be sure to critique at least 3 other entries. This is about give and take.
5. If you are not an entrant, we still want your critique!
6. If you are a reader but not a writer, your feedback is still helpful. Let us know that you are critiquing as a potential reader and tell us why or why not you'd like to read more.
Leave your critique at any time over the next few days! Oh, and entrants? Please don't pop into the comment box and try to explain yourself or defend things. Just read quietly and sort through the feedback, deciding what is helpful and what isn't. Whining isn't pretty. :)
**BIG HUGS!!** This'll be fun.