Friday, April 8, 2011

Yo! Looking for 3 Beta Readers

Yep, that's right!  I've just finished a clean draft of my new YA paranormal, and I'm looking for 3 teen beta readers.

NOT JUST ANY READERS, though!  If you're interested, please consider the following:

  • You must fall into the 14-to-18 age category.
  • You must be an active member in good standing on the WRITE ON forums.
  • You must REALLY ENJOY YA paranormal. (Otherwise, this won't be fun for you.)
  • You must promise not to discuss the story with anyone except me (or I'll send someone to slice your fingers off).
  • As such, you must be willing to "sign" a non-disclosure statement via email (cool, huh?).
  • You must not put any of your other obligations at risk (i.e. school work, chores, your own writing).
PLEASE NOTE:
  • I am not asking for critique.  As such, I am not looking for "critique partners" or people to swap work with.  I'm simply looking for beta readers in my target audience.  Which happens to be you.
  • For your parents: My books do not contain sex or sexually explicit scenes.  There is occasional mild swearing (no f-bombs or anything like that).  There is occasional violence.
  • Ideally, I would like to hear from my teen beta readers within the next 3 or 4 weeks.  Please don't volunteer if you know you're too busy.  I promise I will ask again in the future!
INTERESTED?

Email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com.  I WILL ACCEPT THE FIRST 3 PEOPLE WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS.

And thanks in advance.  One of my favorite local teen readers happens to be a guy.  And this novel maps more to girls.  So I'm not going to torture him. *grin*

Once I've accepted your offer to read, I'll send you an email with more details on what I'm looking for.  

That's it, really! 

Have an awesome weekend.

UPDATE:  I've got my 3 readers.  THANKS SO MUCH!

2 comments:

  1. OBVIOUSLY, I'm not qualified for this job (lol), BUT...I will more than gladly offer to be the one who gets to chop the fingers off if need be! :)

    Good luck with it, Authoress!!!

    ReplyDelete