Friday, November 11, 2011

From the Trenches: Mad

I've been thinking a lot lately about our being under the influence as writers--and no, I don't mean this in the DUI sense!

As writers, we're all influenced by something, whether it be by choice or enviroment. For me, I grew up on a steady diet of cop stories, and watched a ton of CHIPS and COPS. Now, I write solely about cops. I would actually be a little concerned if I wrote anything else. I'm in my element with the thriller and mystery genres.

So you tell me: what has influenced you as a writer?

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, you and cops. XD

    Well, what I read, watch and experience are all really big influences in my writing. Whatever inspires me tends to also be an influence. I know in the past some of my very biggest influences have been my favorite authors-- Kate Constable, J.K Rowling, Patricia McKillip, Suzanne Collins, Cornelia Funke, etc.

    =)

    ReplyDelete