Things To Do:
- Hang and get to know other writers like you in the forums! Open every day, all day, year-round, this is the place to be.
- Attend our chats! Check the schedule on the Chatroom page to make sure you never miss out.
- Read and interact right here on the blog. We post everything with you in mind, and we love to hear from you in the comments!
- Tweet (and follow!) us at @WriteOnTeens. We always tweet back!
- Interact on our Facebook page. It's an excellent way to share exciting Write On! news with your fellow writer friends on Facebook. (That's a lot of Fs!)
- Agent Chats - Every few months we host an Agent Chat, featuring a guest literary agent. For one hour you'll have the opportunity to ask an agent questions, read answers to questions other teens have, and basically interact with an agent! Even if you have no questions, it's a learning experience just sitting and reading along. And the best part? It's ONLY for teens ages 13-19!
- Ask-The-Editor - The first Tuesday of every month we're joined by editor Alison Weiss in the forums for an entire day of Ask-The-Editor! You can ask her any question about books, writing, editing, publishing, juggling-- okay, maybe not juggling. But you get the point. This is also only for teens ages 13-19.
- In-House Crits - Every so often we host In-House Crits, which is an opportunity for teen writers to submit excerpts of their work to Write On! during a time frame. Entries are then posted on the blog (and highly publicized!) so everyone (even grownups!) can read and leave crits in the comments. We all need a new pair of eyes! These are invaluable.
- Contests - These are pretty infrequent, and pop up when you least expect them, so keep your eyes peeled! (Subscribing to the newsletter is a good place to start.) There is no specific kind of contest. It will always be a surprise. Following us on Twitter and liking us on Facebook will ensure you're among the first to know.
- Author Interviews - Every month or so you can catch a surprise interview with a published author! Every author interviewed will be one of someone's favorite, according to the comments on this post. Feel free to add your faves to the list! Who knows? Maybe one of your requests will be next*!
*Unfortunately, we can't get every author listed. J.K Rowling, Suzanne Collins, and Sarah Dessen, for example, are just a wee bit too popular. But hey, maybe one day when you're a bestselling author yourself, you'll get to meet them?