Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back to BASICS next week...and a big, squooshy I'M SORRY

Okay.  I should have said good-bye before I left.  But that's not the squooshy apology part.  I mean, I figured most, if not all, of you follow Miss Snark's First Victim and knew I'd be leaving for vacation.

What writer wants to be redundant, right?

Anyway...I'M BACK!  *big, cheesy grin*

Here's the apology part:  I haven't done much around here!  Other than the weekly BASICS, I mean.  I've got all sorts of ideas and even a plan or two, but to be honest, running two blogs is more overwhelming than I'd anticipated, even with the AWESOME HELP I'm getting around here.

*pauses to beam at MAD, LIZZY, and TARYN*

Anyway, I'm sorry.  Remember a month or two ago when I asked you to tell me your favorite MG/YA authors?  That's because I'm going to start trying to round up a few of them for interviews and other fun things around here.  And we're going to do more in-house critting, too; we just need to grow our community a little more first, so we don't keep reading the same things from the same people.  Over and over.

The FORUMS are the lifeblood of this place, at any rate.  I AM BLOWN AWAY BY THE AWESOMENESS OF THE COMMUNITY YOU'VE CREATED THERE.  Seriously!

So.  Bear with me.  And keep being your amazing selves.

(Have I mentioned how cool I think you all are?)

Also?  Please use this comment box for sharing your dreams and ideas.  What would you LOVE to see on this blog?  What would help/encourage/stretch you as a writer?  What would entertain you?  What would make you dive out of bed head first every morning JUST to see what's been posted?

Share!  Share lots!  I always read everything you have to say.

3 comments:

  1. I think this blog could definitely do with some more posting - perhaps from some of us teens? Like guests posts each week?

    I'll let you know if I think of some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see more posts, too. Things like interviewing published authors and things like that, for motivation. I'd also like more critiques eventually, since those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above(ALL the above, comments and post). I think if you just do all that you've been planning, it will be epic. I don't really have any suggestions. I just wanted to let it be known that I agree.
    *hugs Authoress and hands chocolate* I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete